Having the Internet banking implemented, we still keep the option of managing your bank account by fax. Using fax banking you may perform virtually any operation.
There’s no sign up fees for using fax banking, however there's a fee that is charged for every instruction received by fax.
Security of the transactions is based on so-called “Test tables” that customer is given, during the account opening process. The “Test tables” are individual for every customer and contain unique information on generating the keys for every fax order to the Bank.
How to submit order to the Bank by fax
1. Complete and sign desired form or letter: e.g. payment order form, forex order form, internet banking application, etc.
2. Calculate the ‘’Test Key’’ according to the instructions supplied in your account-opening package and write it on the completed form.
- Non-financial instructions, like card or term deposit application forms, letters to the bank, etc., can be signed with Rietumu ID and one-time password from your Digipass. In this case, make sure you specify one-time password right before submitting the fax, as validity of the one-time password in only a few minutes;
- Payment instructions should contain Rietumu ID and a Test key, calculated using Signature application included in your Rietumu ID set.
3. Submit the order to the Bank by fax (24h) at: +371 6702 5588 or +371 67025586, or the scanned document by email email@example.com
4. Call back at +371 6702 5555 and check with the 24h Customer Service representative, if the transmission has been successful and your order was accepted.